We are here to support you to achieve your dreams of becoming a board certified healthcare chaplain. Whether it is your passion, calling, way of service, whatever you name it, healthcare chaplaincy is a great way of utilizing your gifts, skills, knowledge, and experience to provide spiritual and emotional support to patients, families, and staff.
Wellspring will help chaplains and candidates by:
- Providing grants to chaplains and chaplain candidates for their advancement
- Providing educational workshops
- Creating professional learning communities
You can apply for grants, if you are..
- currently enrolled in a Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) program at a healthcare institution or have completed CPE units in the past
- currently pursuing your M.A. degree in religious studies or a graduate program of Islamic Chaplaincy or have already a degree from one of these programs
WHAT CAN YOU USE THE GRANTS FOR?
- CPE unit fees
- Expenses for attending chaplaincy conferences, such as conference registration, accommodation, and airfare/travel
- Fees related to other professional workshops that are related to healthcare chaplaincy
1. Fill out the Grant Application Form. In this form, applicants will provide the description of the expected activities where the grant funding will be used. Please note that you can apply for a Wellspring grant only for prospective/future activities.
2. Prepare the following documents:
- Transcript of your graduate degree
- Evidence of CPE education(CPE certificates)
- Two references: An academician, a CPE educator, a board certified chaplain, or a clergy or a professional, who can testify to your skills. Wellspring will contact these references directly.
- Write an essay that explains how you are planning to contribute to the mission of the Wellspring Chaplaincy Initiative as a healthcare chaplain/chaplain candidate. See About Us page for our mission. 600-1000 words.
3. Send the completed application package – application form and documents to us at [email protected]
Wellspring Grants Committee will review the applications. Only the fully completed applications will be reviewed.
The two application deadlines are:
- January 15
- April 15
- July 15
- October 15
WHAT IS NEXT?
You will receive an email from Wellspring that states your approval status, if you have been approved for a grant.
If your grant has been approved, you will need to return the Grant Expense Report Form together with the receipts, and documentation of the activities (e.g., proof of conference attendance, or CPE registration). Scan and email these documents to us at [email protected]
Once we receive your Expense Report Form along with the proofs of your expenses, we will mail your check to your address, which you listed on the Expense Report Form.